Arriva North East

Scanning radio frequencies for the North East
marcdjay
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM496

Arriva North East

Post by marcdjay » 07 Nov 2012, 09:17

Does anybody know the frequencies for Arriva North East? Either control or the buses, around Teesside, Redcar & Cleveland way.

Thats assuming you can listen to them of course.

Thanks!

user8666

Re: Arriva North East

Post by user8666 » 07 Nov 2012, 11:06

am sure arriva just use mobile phones as my ant works for them i have tryed

user8666

Post by user8666 » 07 Nov 2012, 11:09

only ones i have are go northeast which are on the 160 and 167 163 mhz are something

marcdjay
Regular
Regular

Post by marcdjay » 07 Nov 2012, 13:46

Had a feeling that might have been the case. Cheers anyway!

I've already got those, wanted Arriva's as they're always late and they can never seem to communicate with Joe Public {bnghd}

smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 » 07 Nov 2012, 15:19

I was once in an Arriva office in Stockton looking for a timetable, there was a guy at the desk telling the lady he had left something on the bus, after a bit of back and forth and a phone call she told the guy that the driver was not answering his radio and that he would probably get back to them when he stops.

I`ve never ever seen an Arriva bus with a radio though, I`ve seen antenna on some busses but presumed it was for GPS or to update roadside signage and E-Timetables
26TM234

rayzor_uk

Post by rayzor_uk » 08 Nov 2012, 00:09

all arriva busses have radios now but i have never had one on radio the radio control is in newcastle
bus drivers do not set out to be late on purpose the fact is the runs they do are poorly timed so any bit of traffic will afect the time table also you get 10 seconds to board a passenger a pensioner can take 30 seconds so it all adds up also if the driver is late he gets in for his break late so he can loose some of it next if the driver is late com ing towards finishing time he clocks of late gets home late and dont get paid for it
I know i was a driver for arriva in the boro untill i retiered
so to some it up he wont be late on purpose

marcdjay
Regular
Regular

Post by marcdjay » 08 Nov 2012, 13:31

Don't get me wrong rayzor_uk, I understand that it's not necessarily the drivers fault. But when you're stood at a freezing cold bus stop half an hour late for work and the driver just shrugs when they turn up it can be a tad frustrating.

Anyway, back on topic. Do they use the Eemits Communications trunk? As I've heard what sounds like a bus control on one of their frequencies recently (can't remember which one though)

kath

Post by kath » 08 Nov 2012, 18:35

hi
have you tried 163.1000 i get some bus comms on there dont know were lol
up north i think
deanyboy 26-tm-403

rayzor_uk

Post by rayzor_uk » 08 Nov 2012, 19:35

all i ger round here is stagecoach
now stagecoach wgen they conntact a driver it relays theough all the flleet so if a driver is shouted most will here the message
arriva call the driver by bus number so only that bus gets message they do have the option to call when warning of roadworks or accident for diversions but has i say i worked there till i retiered i have had scanners years bought one of the first sold in boro from tandy and if arriva was possable to hear i would have freqs couple of inspectors are mates and i still meet up with the drivers regulary

thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad » 08 Nov 2012, 19:58

I Think they use the same system as First bus maintained by Acis,
Foot pedal and mic and speaker in the cab, they can call each bus by fleet id or do a call to all the fleet as said already.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 » 08 Nov 2012, 20:07

The eemits trunk is GoAhead/Go Northeast I think....... I always heard them talking about Peterlee and Coundon areas

Are Stagecoach still analogue and clear? I was on one of their busses the other day and heard the control very clear and in good (better than I can ever remember) quality.

Last time I listened in on their Teesside freq all I got was that dreaded Trbo groan and don`t think I`ve checked back since (not had a proper radio set up since the police "stole" my HT600e`s and claimed I`d stolen them!!!)
26TM234

thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad » 08 Nov 2012, 20:12

smoggy07 wrote:The eemits trunk is GoAhead/Go Northeast I think....... I always heard them talking about Peterlee and Coundon areas

Are Stagecoach still analogue and clear? I was on one of their busses the other day and heard the control very clear and in good (better than I can ever remember) quality.

Last time I listened in on their Teesside freq all I got was that dreaded Trbo groan and don`t think I`ve checked back since (not had a proper radio set up since the police "stole" my HT600e`s and claimed I`d stolen them!!!)

last i heard Stagecoach were going on to a Digital system
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 » 08 Nov 2012, 21:41

thelad wrote:
smoggy07 wrote:The eemits trunk is GoAhead/Go Northeast I think....... I always heard them talking about Peterlee and Coundon areas

I did read that Stagecoach are nationally going over to Trbo, and as mentioned, I heard the dreaded groan but in reality, Stagecoach on Teesside are lightyears behind the rest of the world (still running R reg banngers lolol) so I wasnt sure if they had made the leap yet
26TM234

thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad » 08 Nov 2012, 22:23

smoggy07 wrote:
thelad wrote:

I did read that Stagecoach are nationally going over to Trbo, and as mentioned, I heard the dreaded groan but in reality, Stagecoach on Teesside are lightyears behind the rest of the world (still running R reg banngers lolol) so I wasnt sure if they had made the leap yet

R reg, 62 reg there all bangers! lol
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

jackbromby
Regular
Regular

Post by jackbromby » 09 Nov 2012, 08:43

I have also heard what sounds like bus control on Eemits, I think it was on 164.6375. That seems to be their most popular frequency, I'm listening to it right now actually and Friday mornings seem to be the busiest for it.

Anyone know what else is on there? The thing I hear the most is things like "Car 35" "Yeah?" "Go to High Street" etc etc. I assume they are taxis. Also a few minutes ago heard 2 people communicate and read through a list of who they were picking up, so I assume that may be some kind of mini bus company.
Equipment:
Uniden USC230
Sony ST-SB920
5 Element Antenna (88-108 MHz)
Eton G3