Any Marine frequencies receivable in Billingham?

Scanning radio frequencies for the North East
jackbromby
Regular
Regular

Any Marine frequencies receivable in Billingham?

Post by jackbromby »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any marine frequencies receivable in Billingham or am I too far in land to hear that? I have got Tees VTS (156.700) programmed in and that is clear but is there any other marine frequencies available? Also I have 164.7375 programmed in and labelled "Taxi", does anyone else hear this?
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Any Marine frequencies receivable in Billingham?

Post by smoggy07 »

jackbromby wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any marine frequencies receivable in Billingham or am I too far in land to hear that? I have got Tees VTS (156.700) programmed in and that is clear but is there any other marine frequencies available? Also I have 164.7375 programmed in and labelled "Taxi", does anyone else hear this?
I get Tees VTS from the back end of Boro and a few others too

Best thing to do is program in all VHF marine freqs and keep the channels with comms on and ditch the dead ones, I`m not by a radio at the mo so I cant help you out with freqs

You should get all sorts from Billingham but it'll depend on the antenna you are using
26TM234
dcwuk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dcwuk »

Go to the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page you will then see links to
Marine,shop and pubwatch frequencies.
Most of the marine channels apply to the whole of the UK especially channel 16 (156.800)
http://www.radiouser.co.uk/
Acknowledgements to Bill Robertson and Robert Connolly of Radiouser
Magazine

hope that helps but as smoggy07 depends upon your set-up?
cheers
dcw
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
I'm commenting on an internet forum, why should your facts sway my opinion?
jackbromby
Regular
Regular

Post by jackbromby »

Thanks for the link. I'll check that out and I'll program Ch 16 in as you said. With regards to my setup I am using a handheld Uniden USC230, so maybe not the best but I have both Billingham Shopwatch and Stockton Shopwatch which my radio picks up fine. Tees VTS is also very clear in my house.
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

jackbromby wrote:Thanks for the link. I'll check that out and I'll program Ch 16 in as you said. With regards to my setup I am using a handheld Uniden USC230, so maybe not the best but I have both Billingham Shopwatch and Stockton Shopwatch which my radio picks up fine. Tees VTS is also very clear in my house.
You must be near Mill Lane or Central Ave to be getting stockton shopwatch, I could only just to say get it near the Telstar lolol

You should get quite a bit in Billingham with all the chemical sites and the like over that way plus you should get a bit from Boro too where you are
26TM234
jackbromby
Regular
Regular

Post by jackbromby »

smoggy07 wrote:
jackbromby wrote:Thanks for the link. I'll check that out and I'll program Ch 16 in as you said. With regards to my setup I am using a handheld Uniden USC230, so maybe not the best but I have both Billingham Shopwatch and Stockton Shopwatch which my radio picks up fine. Tees VTS is also very clear in my house.
You must be near Mill Lane or Central Ave to be getting stockton shopwatch, I could only just to say get it near the Telstar lolol

You should get quite a bit in Billingham with all the chemical sites and the like over that way plus you should get a bit from Boro too where you are
I'm near Pentland Avenue, Stockton Shopwatch is very weak but listenable. I have a TV antenna on the roof of my house, which I have connected to my radio for FM signals. I might see if I can find a way to connect it to my scanner, should get quite alot then.