173.8 dmr in south oxfordshire

Scanning radio frequencies for the Home Counties
warlock01
Regular
Regular

173.8 dmr in south oxfordshire

Post by warlock01 »

hi all, i know it is dmr , and the wrong section, but i am picking up a dmr tx poss simplex , only clues so far is a spreader driver , visits to wallingford.. a tanker,, a depot and c/s heard so far are agri 8 and 9. it is odd because this is a radio microphone frequency, unless they have moved...signal is good just driving around using a anytone 868 radio with a external antenna . any thoughts anyone
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Re: 173.8 dmr in south oxfordshire

Post by paulears »

I read your question omni an other forum - just a thought. Have you confirmed it really is on this frequency, and it's not some strange mixing in the radio from a string local signal that the radio 'thinks' is on 173.8, because it's such a daft frequency for anyone to invest money in DMR radios for? It's pretty vacant now with radio mics mainly up in ch 38 and few legit ones being used in VHF now, so while some idiot could have used it accidentally - it's a bit unlikely.
warlock01
Regular
Regular

Re: 173.8 dmr in south oxfordshire

Post by warlock01 »

hi paul. in answer to your reply. i will try some different radio's. I have a selection of different dmr radio's for ham and general use, i first heard the transmission using my aor3000 and dsd+ and i thought it was a bit odd., as it was a radio mic frequency. they sound just like any other firm using radio's .call signs ect. and by the sound of it they do not have many radio's going by the rid numbers , and i am pretty sure they are using simplex. if it was a repeater the input could be anywhere. i will listen a bit more now to try to find out any more info. regards