Aylesbury Frequencys

Scanning radio frequencies for the Home Counties
Volf
Regular
Regular

Aylesbury Frequencys

Post by Volf »

Dont sopose anyone is in or near to Aylesbury and found any interesting frequencys?

I've picked up a few, but havnt really travled around :

461.325 - Aylesbury College
453.425 - Stokemanevile Hospital
460.025 - HaleLyes (Sounds like securty)

Only now and then I pick up on 145.212 from my bedroom, sounds like a amateur radio user I think.
Also been taking note of masts and arials on houses I've seen within the area. Anyone from here?
StoatTB

Re: Aylesbury Frequencys

Post by StoatTB »

Volf wrote:Also been taking note of masts and arials on houses I've seen within the area. Anyone from here?
Another "antenna spotter"! :lol:
hamman
Regular
Regular

Post by hamman »

Used to be from there :lol: but moved away 7 years ago.
Now living on the south cost :D
M3HIM
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3HIM

Post by M3HIM »

Volf wrote:Dont sopose anyone is in or near to Aylesbury and found any interesting frequencys?
The best place to go is PROMA Online and put 'Aylesbury' in the 'Search' field (the 'Town' and 'County' fields are not always reliable).

Hope this late reply gets to you!

Félim M3HIM
Volf
Regular
Regular

Post by Volf »

Thanks for that ;) Signed up !
M3HIM
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3HIM »

Any interesting frequencies to add?

Are you a listener only or do you operate on Amateur / CB / PMR bands?

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

With Proma, the spelling of some towns ain't too hot either, and some towns are in the wrong country! Other than that it's not too bad.
Banned Account
M3HIM
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3HIM »

Andrew wrote:With Proma, the spelling of some towns ain't too hot either, and some towns are in the wrong country! Other than that it's not too bad.
Did you mean country or county? Maintenance of the Proma database has been taken over by a couple of new guys and they may clean up the data over time. Certainly if you let them know of a particular issue, I think they'll fix it. Most of the entries for 'Hemel Hempstead' are incorrectly spelled 'Hemel Hempsted' like the nearby 'Berkhamsted' so I must let them know about that!
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

I meant country. New Cumnock which officially in East Ayrshire, and a town about 20 miles from here in Irvine, has slid into the Lake District, which starts about 110 miles away! Aberdeen is in Inverness (no, they are at least 110 miles apart too and in two different regions as well)

Morecambe has about four spellings, including without an 'e' or an 'a' on board. I had metaphorically screamed at them to change mistakes for nearly 5 years, but no one listened, so I gave up even bothering with them. Everywhere in Scotland has 'Scotland' attached, even Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen etc, but places in the rest of the UK like Chipping Norton or Bishop's Stortford, well, that's where it ended, no county to even let us know where they were, roughly!

More than anything I got fed up with Scotland being classed as a town, not a 34,000 square mile country, with a longer coastline than England.

Banned Account
M3HIM
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3HIM »

Andrew wrote:More than anything I got fed up with Scotland being classed as a town, not a 34,000 square mile country, with a longer coastline than England.
... and it's own parliament, not just some devolved assembly!

Paul, who used to operate Proma, had said for some years that he was no longer in a position to maintain it. The new guys have indicated that they will accept additions and corrections. Give it a try with a small simple set of updates. I have a few outstanding which I intend to dig out from my old notes.

BTW, Chipping Norton is in Oxfordshire and home to Jeremy Clarkson while Bishop's Stortford is in Hertfordshire on the Essex border and home to Stansted Airport (more or less).
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Jeremy Clarkson, 50 today!

I understand Paul's 'condition' but I got a bit sick of him asking for accuracy and then complaining about people trying to correct him. People asked for taxi frequencies, members like Iansradios went out and got a few, then was told words to the effect 'no one was interested in them'.
Banned Account
M3HIM
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3HIM »

You might also like to join Yahoo! Group scanpromauk · THE SCANNING FREQUENCY GROUP if you have not already done so.
techiesteve
Regular
Regular

Post by techiesteve »

Volf wrote: Only now and then I pick up on 145.212 from my bedroom, sounds like a amateur radio user I think.
Also been taking note of masts and arials on houses I've seen within the area. Anyone from here?
I'm from Aylesbury. Can't remember hearing anything on 145.212, but regularly do on 145.212.5, that's MB7IDM, the Calvert Echolink node. I normally only use the 2M and HF amateur bands, but sometimes use the FT-1802 to listen above 2M, up to 174 MHz. I'm sure I've heard what sounded like taxis.

Steve 2E0SGB
M3HIM
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3HIM »

The full list of gateways, which includes others in the Aylesbury/Amersham/Tring area, can be found at ALL Gateway Details on the RSGB website. You might also like to look at The web resource for UK amateur radio repeaters from the RSGB Emerging Technology Co-ordination Committee for repeater information.

Félim M3HIM
Volf
Regular
Regular

Post by Volf »

M3HIM wrote:Any interesting frequencies to add?

Are you a listener only or do you operate on Amateur / CB / PMR bands?

Félim
Whooops, Didnt notice your question!

Im just a listener for now. Maybe in the future when I have my own place with more space (And my own roof to put masts on!) Ill look into Amateur radio. I some times pop onto the old CB now and then to see if it still works, But last time I used it to talk to others was a good 3 years ago under the handle "Rover man", Found the best area for CB chat was down at Tescos Broadfields. I do mean to get out there with the CB again some time, but after work I just cant find the drive to get everything out and connected!