Laser Pen Attack On Planes around East Midlands

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
infinityandbeyond
Regular
Regular

Laser Pen Attack On Planes around East Midlands

Post by infinityandbeyond »

Was listening to a streaming scanner last nite for notts area and heard a pilot reporting a laser pen attck. didnt pay enough attention to details so couldnt reember what plane and where it happened. Is anyone that scans air frequencies in this area often hear these incidents occuring?
jaybranch

Re: Laser Pen Attack On Planes around East Midlands

Post by jaybranch »

I wasn't scanning at the time, but there's been two 'recent' incidents of two people who have been taken to court after shining their laser pens at India 99 (police heli) when it was responding to an incidents near to their homes.

One guy is still waiting for his appearance at court and another has been sent to a youth offenders place (or lounge around and play on a PS3 for three months) detention centre.

It beggers belief why anyone would be stupid enough even to think about doing this to any aircraft, but especially those carrying lots of people!!

Fools! :shock:
73 & 88

26TM1979

AOR3000A
Yupiterus (a lot!!)
VX-7R
Lowe HF 150 & 225
TS850 SAT
A longwire & GR5V
Dragon Man
Call Sign: M6JDM

Re: Laser Pen Attack On Planes around East Midlands

Post by Dragon Man »

agreed, i use a green laser on my teliscope to make lineing up a lot more easy. i always take a good look around before i turn it on to make sure theres no aircraft around though.
- John